Ecotherapy – Counseling in and with Nature
Have you ever noticed that an afternoon at the beach or a hike through a lush forest leaves you feeling uplifted? Lying down on the grass to gaze at the clouds, walking through a field of wildflowers, taking a hike to a mountain top, or listening to birdsong might fill you with a sense of wonder and connection with something greater than us. When we take psychotherapy outdoors, we experience these blessings of nature supporting and informing our healing, transformation, and spiritual awakening.
That’s Ecotherapy – healing and transformation through connection with nature. Taking our counseling sessions into the natural world can deepen the therapeutic experience and renew our souls. Nature guides us in the process, sometimes with surprising synchronicities.
In addition to growth and healing, Ecotherapy offers us many gifts. When we are present within nature, we begin to feel our interconnectedness with the Universe, our mind quiets, and we are touched by the beauty of this extraordinary planet.
Some of the Benefits of Ecotherapy
- Calms the nervous system, reducing anxiety
- Alleviates depression, improves mood
- Awakens inner peace
- Connects us to our body and senses
- Supports grounding, centering, and embodiment
- Deepens connection with the Earth
- Develops a sense of meaning and belonging
- Awakens our soul through connection with nature
- Enhances personal and spiritual growth
- Sessions take place either in a suburban park in Menlo Park, CA (for convenience or for a more accessible introduction to Ecotherapy) or a more rustic setting in the hills above Woodside, CA.
- For new clients, the 1st 1-2 sessions are held in my office in Menlo Park, as we explore your intentions and goals for therapy and prepare for stepping outside.
- Limited days and times – see Summer 2018 schedule below
- Fee: $175/session (includes admission to the county park)
Summer 2018 Schedule – Individual Sessions (contact Rev. Connie for current availability):
Tuesdays: July 3rd , July 10th, 9am-12pm
Thursdays: June 14th, June 28th, July 19th, August 16th, August 30th, 9am-12pm
Interested in an Ecotherapy group? Join us in September for Earth Quest!
Rev. Connie has spent the last several years exploring deep nature connection with programs offered by 8 Shields and Gaia Girls Passages, and she completed the Level 1 Ecotherapy Training with Ariana Candell of the Earthbody Institute. She feels passionate about our relationship to the Earth and delights in sharing the healing and inspiration of nature through Ecotherapy sessions, classes, and retreats . Have more questions? Contact Rev. Connie