Ecotherapy – Counseling in and with Nature
That’s Ecotherapy – healing and transformation through connection with nature. Taking our counseling sessions into the natural world can deepen the therapeutic experience and renew our souls. Nature guides us in the process, sometimes with surprising synchronicities.
In addition to growth and healing, Ecotherapy offers us many gifts. When we are present within nature, we begin to feel our interconnectedness with the Universe, our mind quiets, and we are touched by the beauty of this extraordinary planet.
Some of the Benefits of Ecotherapy
- Calms the nervous system, reducing anxiety
- Alleviates depression, improves mood
- Awakens inner peace
- Connects us to our body and senses
- Supports grounding, centering, and embodiment
- Deepens connection with the Earth
- Develops a sense of meaning and belonging
- Awakens our soul through connection with nature
- Enhances personal and spiritual growth
Nature fills me with peace and inspiration, and many of my clients have found the same. Would you like to step out of the office into Ecotherapy? Here are the details:
- Sessions take place either in a suburban park in Menlo Park or Atherton, CA (for convenience or for a more accessible introduction to Ecotherapy), a more rustic setting in the hills above Woodside, CA, or at a park in Lafayette, CA
- For new clients, the 1st 1-2 sessions are held online, as we explore your intentions and goals for therapy and prepare for stepping outside.
- Limited days and times. Sessions are 50 minutes (longer sessions are available). Alternatively, small group sessions are also offered seasonally.
- Fee: $235/session (sliding scale available – Contact Me to inquire)
Rev. Connie has spent the last several years exploring deep nature connection with programs offered by 8 Shields and Gaia Girls Passages, completed the Level 2 Ecotherapy Training with Ariana Candell of the Earthbody Institute, and teaches their Level 1 Online Ecotherapy Training Course. She feels passionate about our relationship to the Earth and delights in sharing the healing and inspiration of nature through Ecotherapy sessions, classes, and retreats . Have more questions? Contact Rev. Connie