I offer Online Therapy to meet the modern needs of today. Online therapy goes by many names, including telehealth, online counseling, and e-therapy. These online sessions are conducted via a HIPAA compliant platform similar to Skype, or via the telephone.
Online therapy can be a wonderful and creative way to overcome barriers that may have previously kept you from receiving therapy. There are numerous common obstacles that people face when considering psychotherapy, which online therapy can resolve.
Common Obstacles That Online Therapy Resolves
- Transportation & Commutes (including length of commutes, access to transportation, costs for gas, bridge tolls, vehicle dependability)
- Caregiver responsibilities (eldercare, childcare, and partner care may inhibit the ability to leave the home for extended periods of time)
- Illness (no need to cancel sessions if you’re a bit under the weather)
- Accessibility (including physical limitations, mental health limitations)
- Convenience (more flexible hours—even during lunch hour)
- Weather (no need to drive in a storm or unpleasant conditions)
- Work Conflicts (asking for time off to go to sessions may be difficult)
- Comfort (you can be in your slippers with your pet in your lap!)
- Privacy (no waiting room encounters)
- Travel (no need to miss a session when you’re temporarily out of town)
- Safety (feel secure in your own home)
When Online Therapy is Not Appropriate
Despite the benefits of utilizing online therapy, there are certain situations when online therapy may not be appropriate. These include:
- Complex mental health diagnoses; i.e., visual and/or auditory hallucinations, active substance use, recent suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Those 17 years old or younger
- Those with poor Internet connection
- Those with a lack of privacy at home
You can see the immense benefits of online therapy; it’s flexible, safe, no travel time, it’s confidential, and can be done in nearly any location you find yourself in. It is truly convenient counseling for the modern era.
See my Fees and Forms page for information on fees and insurance.
Online therapy is available for residents of the state of California. Interested? Contact me for a complimentary 15 minute call to explore the possibilities.
Not in the state of California, and/or interested in deepening your spiritual growth? Spiritual Mentoring may be for you.
Ready for more inspiration to awaken your True Self?
Join our community and receive 4 FREE calming gifts – plus a “Weekly Bit of Inspiration” and our monthly blog and newsletter!
*Your privacy is assured!
You can unsubscribe at any time.